FAQ & INFO
1. Cake Serves - my cakes serves are estimated based on coffee serves which is a 2" x 1" sized cut equivalent to a small regular cupcake portion.
2. How do I best cut tall cakes? I recommend cutting a cake in square cuts (visualise a grid) and cut a 1" deep cut all the way down the face of the cake, push the whole slice onto a large plate or cutting board, and then divide and cut smaller portions and distribute. Continue cutting with this way for the next 1" deep slice until the end. You will maximise your portions using this method.
3. How do I keep/store the cake? My cakes keep very fresh in the fridge for up to 7 days (decorations may vary), so if you are not eating the cake on the day of pickup, store the cake (as given in my box) into a drinks fridge (or a fridge with no odours) and bring to room temperature at least 45min-1hour before cutting. Butter based cakes and buttercream are best eaten nice and soft.
4. How do I transport my cakes? My non-tiered cakes will be passed to you in an enclosed box on a cake board. You can safely transport them on the passenger floor with the air-conditioning on and driving slowly around the corners. Best would be if a passenger was able to hold the cake on their laps for the journey. For my larger wedding and celebration cakes, I would like to offer you my delivery service based on availability (fee applies)
5. Do you offer delivery? I do offer a delivery service, but this is limited to Weddings and larger cakes (with a fee) and my availability. Usually all my clients will pickup from my home on weekend mornings before 10:30am or as discussed on the weekdays. My delivery fee is $30+miles for standard drops into Brickell, Little Havana, Coconut Groove, and Coral Gables otherwise milage will be added for longer distances.For wedding Cakes is $75 + milage or set up if require.
6. Do you accept a deposit for orders? Only for wedding bookings over minimum. All other orders need to be confirmed with full payment by bank transfer for full confirmation. I only take a limited number of orders per week/day, so I base my schedule on a first paid/first served policy. ( I always do my best to accommodate payment plans, if there is enough time from order date.) If you would like a payment plan there will be an additional fee for credit card charge.
7. How much notice do you need to take a booking? I recommend 3-4 weeks as a minimum to place an order. As I have limited spots each week for cake orders, the sooner you contact me about your cake, the better chance I can take it.
8. Do you hire out cake stands? Yes on request and is $25/stand. I require a $100 refundable deposit on each piece I hire out, to be retuned in the same condition within the following week.
9. What do I do if there are left overs of the cake? You can easily pack the cake in an airtight container and freeze it to be enjoyed on a later date. Please make sure the cake is fully defrosted before eating and do not store longer than 30 days after the initial cut.
10. Are you a Nut Free kitchen? My kitchen is NOT NUT-FREE even if some of my cakes don’t contain nuts. Please be aware of this when serving my cakes to your guests.
11. Do you copy other cake styles? If you give me a rough idea of the colour/theme/style then I will design a beautiful cake just for you. Please note, I do not copy other bakers’ designs. My cake designs are unique to T’antay Miami and I do work best with creative freedom. I am happy to discuss with you throughout the design process so please give me a clear understanding of what you'd like otherwise I am also more than happy to surprise you.
12. Do you have a minimum order requirement? Please kindly note that I have a $100.00 minimum spend for orders falling on Fri/Sat/Sun. All of my cakes keep very fresh in the fridge so if you want to pickup on Thursday of the week for a weekend cake, this will keep totally fresh until the weekend party (although limited to some designs).
13. Do you make GF/Vegan cakes? Yes I do (on request) and a little surcharge my apply due to the additional ingredients I will need.
14. Additional Features - If you would like additional features on the cake like gold leaf, gold ball studding, deluxe blooms (peonies, orchids, Garden Roses etc), handmade custom flag topper, gold acrylic cake topper, unicorn cake, ice-cream cone cake - please let me know in the request form so I can quote you accordingly.